[postgis-devel] build issues on the git source of postgis.

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Jun 28 01:29:06 PDT 2014

> > On Jun 27, 2014, at 6:08 PM, mohit kumar <mohitkharb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 06:16:56PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> >
> > "CREATE OPERATOR CLASS spgist_geometry_ops_2d
> > 	DEFAULT FOR TYPE geometry USING SPGIST AS
> > 	STORAGE box2df,"
>
> Means what it says, which may point to an important concern: spgist
> does not support alternate keys as gist does, in fact I recall Oleg and
> Theodore mentioning an enhancement that would allow spgist to have a
> compress routine like gist does.

Until that enhancement is ready, it should be fine to keep the operator
class for the "box2df" type. It should work for functional indexes.

Actually, it would even be better to have it for the "grand unified
multidimensional bounding range" but we don't have that yet ...

So, let "geometry" go and focus on "box2df". Let us know !

Paul, do you have an url to the enhancement proposal ? So to have it in
on the record in the archive.