[postgis-devel] postgis-jdbc related update

Baris Ergun barisergun75 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:42:08 PST 2014

As described in the http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2626 issue I am
trying to reestablish the process of publishing postgis-jdbc and jtsparser
to Central Maven repository.

The best way to do this is ALTERNATIVE-1 described in the issue but for
that purpose we will need a separate repository for java projects.
Basically because with maven deploy and release plugins; all the release
and publishing process can be done straight forward. And that maven
integrates with SCM for tagging etc. Please read the issue.

Until the above structure can be achieved I can follow ALTERNATIVE-2
procedure can be followed. Though I had to remove below lines from pom.xml;
because maven gives warning for the use of properties in the version tag,
and that I must have a pom.xml declared as in OSSRH guide(link provided in
the issue)

<properties>
    <POSTGIS_MAJOR_VERSION>2</POSTGIS_MAJOR_VERSION>
    <POSTGIS_MINOR_VERSION>1</POSTGIS_MINOR_VERSION>
    <POSTGIS_MICRO_VERSION>0SVN</POSTGIS_MICRO_VERSION>
  </properties>

So I think release scripts are updating properties from pom.xml and on the
next release script running it might fail. (If there is such a script as I
guess). If you let me know about the scripts I may try to update them or
alternatively you let me know about the next release date and the
designated version number I will update the version number manually for
this time only...

--
Barış