[postgis-devel] upgrading to 2.2.0dev from 2.1

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:01:32 PST 2014

Hey List,
I downloaded and compiled the latest postgis version (from git).

Everything runs smootlhy (new dependency for bison ?).

Butmake install is not doing what it should.

it creates the 'postgresql/9.3/contrib/postgis-2.2 folder' and file it with
the stuff,
but it doesn't create the files in 'postgresql/9.3/extension'
such as postgis--2.2.0dev.sql, postgis--2.1-2.2.sql, and so.

I created a postgis--2.2.0dev.sql by fusionning postgis.sql,
rt_postgis.sql, spatial_ref_sys.sql,and changed the 'postgis.control'
manually
,
so I was able to add to a fresh database 'CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION
'2.2.0dev'.

Yet the version of GDAL is still the old one (according to postgis full
version)
In ./configure the correct version of gdal was recognized (1.11)

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Rémi-C