[postgis-devel] PostGIS vagrant setup

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Nov 24 10:10:55 PST 2014

I was going to poohpooh, but here I've got platform specific bug on my
desk (http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3002) and am thinking about
how to get the environment. A Vagrant file with a single target would
be pretty low utility, but one that had targets for centos5, centos6,
unbuntu 12, ubuntu 14, and solaris 11 would be quite useful (the
solaris target in particular, which has great utility for finding
corner case platform issues)

It's important that all of PostgreSQL, GEOS and PostGIS be built from
source and without optimizations and with debugging turned on
(CFLAGS="-g -O0") for best debugging results. Also that PostgreSQL be
built with --cassert turned on.

P.