[postgis-devel] Status of (constrained) triangulation functions

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Nov 24 13:43:16 PST 2014

> > Besides, you are right about "tessellate", our mistake. Can you file
> > a ticket on PostGIS bugtracker, and we can see if we fix it (
> > breaking
> > compatibility) or live with it. Thanks for the report !
>
> Done, it's here:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3001

> Actually, and after checking further, this is  another UK vs US language
variation. Both forms exist. The question would be if we wnt to have a
st_tessellate being an additional synonym for existing st_tesselate. UK
people would probably say yes, but it would create some
> redondancy in the API.
> Let's see what the comments on this issue are, and we will take a
decision.

> Vincent

> > P.S. afaik tessellate is with a double 'L'. Should I file a report
> > about that?
> > Yes please
>
> > Done.
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3001
> >
> > Chrs!
>>    Tom

Let's not have any synonyms polluting the code base.  We have enough
functions already and that word is too hard to spell already in any language
:).

Decide on one spelling or the other.  I don't care.

Thanks,
Regina