[postgis-devel] BOXes, again

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 3 02:10:52 PDT 2014

So I made this ST_ClipByBox2D function available, and it takes a BOX2D.
But today I realized that BOX2D is not a first class citizen.
Rather, we seem to be ashamed of its existance. It's not declared in
any header so there's no way to use outside of the only file having
all old and probably to-be-deprecated BOX2D functions.

Should I change the ST_ClipByBox2D signature to take a BOX3D then ?
Or is BOX3D going to be the next victim now that we have N-D ?

As you know I'm still a beliver of a GBOX type exposed to SQL.
One that can eventually hold a SRID, an arbitrary number of dimensions
(and maybe be geodetic too?).

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt