[postgis-devel] BOXes, again

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Oct 4 08:33:03 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 04:58:38PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Strk,
>
> We aren't dropping BOX2D anytime soon so that I don't think is a good reason
> to change the type.  I think too many people use it for us to even entertain
> that idea until 3.0 which probably won't be for another 5-10 years.

Ok, good. I kept the signature the way it is, fixing the bug.

> So that leaves me with the only thing I don't like is the name of the
> function.  Should just be ST_ClipByBox.

The algorithm only checks 2 dimensions, thus the name (is not the name of
the type, but the actual dimensions engaged in the process).

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt