[postgis-devel] Transifex, translation and branches

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:13:25 PDT 2014

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay. The long weekend kept me from logging
in.

The rule originates on transifex itself. It looks like once a day Transifex
pulls the new content. By looking at the messages it generates, it seems
that they blindly update the resouce, overwriting. I was really careful
when updating the URLs (the second time, raw content) because it looked for
me that a changed file (wrong URL, for instance) would erase all the
translations.

I don't think there is a better way of configurating transifex, as it looks
only for one branch and it's update algorithm it's real simple.

Regarding the fuzzy keyword, I'm not sure about this. I'll review a few
sections translated and see if the changes affected anything.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 06:21:31AM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> > Which automation rule?
>
> I was talking about the one mentioned by George, which I think
> originates on Transifex.
>
> > The translation job I have deletes all unversioned files first and then
> does
> > an svn update.  I could change it to just always do an svn full checkout
> or
> > is that not necessary?
>
> No, don't change it.
> I found another reason why the text is not replaced even if template
> is updated: "fuzzy" keyword in the section.
>
> This is how Paul's section looks like:
>
>   #. Tag: para
>   #: introduction.xml:58
>   #, fuzzy, no-c-format
>
> The "fuzzy" keyword means that the old translation was kept but the
> original text actually changed (content or position) so it needs
> a review. It looks like po2xml just does not take those ones as
> good enough to be used in output, and thus skip them.
>
> Taking the "fuzzy" keyword away make them back ready to be used.
> I guess Transifex would use that keyword too, maybe to specify
> if a translation was "reviewed" or not ?
>
> --strk;
>
>   ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>   /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

George R. C. Silva
SIGMA Consultoria