[postgis-devel] garden test

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 23 07:06:29 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 08:09:16AM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 07:40:00AM +0200, strk wrote:
>
> > I noticed "make garden" only runs the postgis tests, and not the raster
> > ones. While adding a rule for the raster tests I also realized that the test
> > checks the installed version, rather than the built one.
> >
> > Is that intentional ?
>
> Not that I recall.

Could it make sense then to run using run_test.pl ?

I gave it at try, with the -expect switch to create the
expected result (14,575,416 bytes of file is created, not
something I'd like to have in the repo..)

The script was found as not cleaning up after itself:

 uninstall .. failed (Object count pre-install (4112) != post-uninstall (4124))

There could maybe be another switch for run_test.pl to avoid
comparison with an "expected" result but rather only check for
crashes not occurring, isn't that the main reason for "garden" test
to exist ?