[postgis-devel] Is there a reason we don't have an ST_Intersection aggregate function

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Sep 1 01:37:55 PDT 2014

In general I think we could do a lot of cool things with aggregates.
I have had a thought in my head for a very long time that I haven't had time to investigate.

Quite often people is asking for a function like union in the esri world.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//000800000010000000

In PostGIS we have a problem to do calculations that involves more than 2 geoemtries.
But as an aggregate function it vould be possible to do.

/Nicklas

Only reason is nobody ever asked for it, it's hard to figure great use