[postgis-devel] Sharding Rasters in Postgis

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Sep 23 14:14:57 PDT 2014

If you’re just doing queries that don’t take advantage of spatial correlation at all, using any hashkey on the contents as the sharding key should work just great. Then you can use pl/proxy to run roll-ups against spatial polygons, etc, easily and know you won’t end up with hot nodes.

Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.ca
http://postgis.net