[postgis-devel] Geography regression? SRID support back to only 4326

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 27 11:45:39 PDT 2014

Was it my imagination or were we able use any long lat spatial ref sys in
PostGIS 2.1.  I could have sworn I had tried this in 2.1.1 or 2.1.0

CREATE TABLE test(gid serial,geog geography(multilinestring,4269));

And I was able to:

But now even in 2.2.0 and on my 2.1.2 instance I get this error:

ERROR:  Currently, only 4326 is accepted as an SRID for GEOGRAPHY

I recall it worked but if I used a non-lon-lat srid, I would get error --
only degree spatial ref sys is supported

Thanks,
Regina