[postgis-devel] Is errorIfGeometryCollection necessary for relate ops?

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:40:32 PDT 2015

re what is happening in Shapely with relate on GeometryCollections:

In fact, homogeneous GeometryCollections of Points and LineStrings can be
trivially converted to MultiPoints and MultiLineStrings.  Is is possible
that Shapely is doing this automatically?

Handling homogeneous GCs would be a nice enhancement for JTS & GEOS....