[postgis-devel] For PostGIS 2.2 moving forward make liblwgeom compatible between micro releases

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 4 05:15:02 PDT 2015

> Hey, GEOS is provided "as is" so please don't be mad.
> Rather, didn't we say you were going to do the release this time ?

Strk,
As I recall and my memory may be wrong and I can't find the thread, but I
said if I do it on windows it will get all mangled like when I did the GEOS
3.4.0 release. So I'd have to do it on Debbie.
And you said, paraphrasing "Don't worry Regina, I'll take care of it, you
just close all the tickets or push"

> According to trac, the only thing left is a blocker build error on MinGW:
https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/736
Other Sandro okay -- FWIW I don't build with the configure script since
configure stopped working for me a while ago, I use CMake for building GEOS
under MingW so I'm oblivious to this error.  If you can provide a patch that
would be swell.
If not I'll spend some time figuring out and then just push if I can't.

> Me I'd also like to see the PHP exposure of ClipByRect:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/734
> but if you handle to cut the release out before I handle to do that, it'll
have to wait...
Okay you might have to wait.

> Did anyone respond to the call-for-testing on geos lists ?
What call?  People, especially package maintainers don't like testing stuff
unless it's in an unchanging tar ball.

Thanks,
Regina