[postgis-devel] For PostGIS 2.2 moving forward make liblwgeom compatible between micro releases

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Aug 5 00:00:17 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 09:41:45AM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 01:30:10PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> > 2) Revise our configure scripts so it is possible to build liblwgeom without
> > the PostgreSQL and other dependencies.  This I think we should table until
> > PostGIS 2.3 since our plate is full with PostGIS 2.2 loose ends.
>
> +1 to both.
> I agree on not rushing too much on the spin-off path.

--without-postgresql support added to configure here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/13882

Tests from packagers are welcome.
Note I did not attempt at avoiding failures when dependencies are not
met, so you'll probably still have a configure error if PostgreSQL is
not around (something that can be improved)