[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Make GEOS 3.5 minimum for PostGIS 2.3

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 15 08:29:55 PST 2015

Bas,

Didn't see a reply to this.  I'm willing to rescind my request if you feel it will impeded packaging.  Many reason for doing it is just to get rid of some extra legacy baggage and to ensure that all who have PostGIS 2.3 get a consistent set of functions available.

The functions people wouldn't get if they don't compile with GEOS 3.5 is

ST_SubDivide
ST_ClipByBox
ST_Voronoi

And there may be more when we get to final release in 6-12 months.

Thanks,
Regina