[postgis-devel] triggers for postgis topology edition

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Feb 5 03:44:57 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 12:34:18PM +0100, RĂ©mi Cura wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm going to write triggers on postgis topology low level tables
> (edge_data,node) to allow simple edition in QGIS without plug-in.
> Anybody has something on it, or ideas?

I've always avoided triggers as checking all conditions would be
very expensive, and ISO editors are doing the checking themselves,
which would make other triggers do the work twice.

But on the other hand getting full triggers in place might make it
impossible to break a topology by concurrent editing, which could
be a nice feature to have. Maybe you could have functions to
enable/disable such triggers to do some tests ?