[postgis-devel] update topology locally

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Feb 17 06:50:22 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 03:46:17PM +0100, RĂ©mi Cura wrote:
> Damn,
> you are right,
> even with grossly incorrect edge-linking passes the test.

Eh. See http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1224 -- you're in a good
position to add more detail on what's missing now.

The thing is that PostGIS didn't use to care about edge linking at
the very beginning of topology. Now it partially does, but evidently
still doesn't for face geometry building (or I'd have expected some
kind of indirect failure from ValidateTopology).

> I visually checked, result looks good, but with topology it is hard to be
> sure.

Do you use the QGIS TopologyViewer to "visually check" ?
That one shows edge linking via labels and direction decorations :)