[postgis-devel] Concept of surfaces for rasters ( Interpolation of points)

Nathaniel Clay clay.nathaniel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 13:21:48 PST 2015

Borie,

My idea is not to have a new function, ST_Value would not change the
surface behaviour would be primarily controlled by a value in the raster
tables eg True defaults to bi-linear and maybe an optional override in the
ST_Value function.

| Surface |
 |(True,False,bi-linear,bi-cubic)|

Thanks,

Nathaniel Hunter Clay

 PS. Treating a raster as a surface would allow for other geom, raster
functions. , ST_Intersects(raster,geom),ST_Touches(raster,geom),
ST_OnSurface(raster,geom,distance) etc. and editing fuctions such as
ST_Extrude(raster,geom), ST_Snap(raster,geom)