[postgis-devel] PostGIS vagrant setup

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 08:51:06 PST 2015

I have a set of Fabric (Python framework) to that can install PostGIS on a
ubuntu machine.

It works on vagrant, but since the goal on this is to start up any machine
(not just vagrant machines) all the installation and configuration are done
by fabric.

If there's any interested I can talk to the company to try to open-source
it.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Michael Maurizi <mmaurizi at azavea.com>
wrote:

> I'm planning to attend the OsGeo code sprint in Philadelphia, and I'd like
> to work on this.
>
> Is anyone else planning to work on a testing setup there?  I'd be open to
> collaborating.
> On Nov 24, 2014 1:10 PM, "Paul Ramsey" <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
>
>> I was going to poohpooh, but here I've got platform specific bug on my
>> desk (http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3002) and am thinking about
>> how to get the environment. A Vagrant file with a single target would
>> be pretty low utility, but one that had targets for centos5, centos6,
>> unbuntu 12, ubuntu 14, and solaris 11 would be quite useful (the
>> solaris target in particular, which has great utility for finding
>> corner case platform issues)
>>
>> It's important that all of PostgreSQL, GEOS and PostGIS be built from
>> source and without optimizations and with debugging turned on
>> (CFLAGS="-g -O0") for best debugging results. Also that PostgreSQL be
>> built with --cassert turned on.
>>
>> P.
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Michael Maurizi <mmaurizi at azavea.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I recently created a PostGIS Vagrant setup (https://www.vagrantup.com/)
>> > enable easily getting started on developing PostGIS.
>> >
>> > My (very small) repository is
>> https://github.com/maurizi/postgis-vagrant
>> >
>> > Is this something that the PostGIS maintainers would like to see added
>> > PostGIS itself?
>> > I wouldn't mind submitting a patch, it would basically just require
>> adding
>> > one or two files to the project root.
>> >
>> >  - Michael
>> > --
>> > Michael V. Maurizi Jr
>> > Software Developer
>> > Azavea |  340 N 12th St, Suite 402, Philadelphia, PA
>> > mmaurizi at azavea.com  | T 215.558.6190
>> > Web azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  | Twitter @azavea

George R. C. Silva
SIGMA Consultoria