[postgis-devel] liblwgeom from separate extension

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Sun Jul 26 08:03:54 PDT 2015

Hello all

I am trying to create a separate extension with some twkb-code.

Main reason is that I need the ST_CollectTWKB as I reverted from trunk
when creating indexed twkb-files (more about that soon).

It will be GPL and I will put it on github when I have sorted out a few
things.

So here comes a few questions:

1)	To make it work I need functionality like the VarInt code and
ByteBuffer code. Now I have just copied that code to my extension
project, but it would of course be nice not to duplicate code. Would it
be ok to make those functions "extern" and expose them in liblwgeom.h?

2)	Why isn't lwerror exposed?

3)	Some code will anyway be recognizable from PostGIS anyway. As it will
remain GPL I guess that is no problem (enlighten me if I am wrong), but
how do you want the credit in the header of the files? Should I just
leave the Copyright notice?

Thanks

Nicklas Avén