[postgis-devel] For PostGIS 2.2 moving forward make liblwgeom compatible between micro releases

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 28 11:04:58 PDT 2015

Markus,

I think backwards-compatibility guarantees we can work on.  As strk said, Sandro hope I'm not shoving you too much in a cubby hole -- I think for PostGIS minors we can give some assurance the api won't change.

However decoupling from PostGIS would be at least in my mind, difficult, since much of the logic of PostGIS is embedded in liblwgeom.  Perhaps when we move to Git we can have it as a sub-repo and then the decoupling at some level will be easier, albeit it would probably still be very much in line with PostGIS releases.

Sandro, Paul, Bborie, Nicklas -- any comments on my assumptions here?

Thanks,
Regina