[postgis-devel] For PostGIS 2.2 moving forward make liblwgeom compatible between micro releases

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Jul 30 08:03:35 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 07:47:20AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Only one ver number? We rev liblwgeom waaaaay more often than that.

The full version contains 3 numbers.
The SONAME is the portion of it which is written in the binaries that
want to dynamically link to it. They want to link to "liblwgeom-2", as
we guarantee we will rename it to "liblwgeom-3" in the unlikely event
we'll need to break backward compatibility.

Full name includes an age part (currently 2, as in 2.2) and a revision
part (currently 0, as in 2.2.0).