[postgis-devel] binary packages for dev snapshots

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 3 12:33:45 PDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 09:17 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Packagers: how would you feel about integrating packaging scripts into the
> PostGIS source tree to make it easier to automate generation of packages ?

I strongly discourage including distribution packaging in the upstream
sources. Upstreams generally lack the experience to properly maintain
distribution packaging, thereby increasing the burden to the package
maintainer who have to deal with the fallout of packaging issues.

If you cannot be persuaded to keep the debian directory out of the
PostGIS sources, please don't include it in the release tarballs and
keep it only in the VCS.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--