[postgis-devel] Distance operator in presence of M

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Jun 4 11:26:05 PDT 2015

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

>> It strikes me that the KNN stuff should be passed in a distance function
>> rather than forcing us to define the one true distance function, but
>> that may be enthusiasm for object orientation more than is useful.
>
> I don't get you here.

I meant that functions that do computations where a substep is computing
distance should take a function as one of their arguments, and use that
for distance, so that one can choose at runtime without having to embed
the distance-function choice in the top-level function.  Basically lisp
mentality and passing in a lambda, or like qsort(3).