[postgis-devel] Rename a variable named errmsg in long_xact.c

Haribabu Kommi kommi.haribabu at gmail.com
Mon May 4 00:52:53 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 12:44:46PM +1000, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
>>
>> In the improvement of better logging purpose in our forked PostgreSQL
>> source code,
>> we changed the existing elog macros to use the new error reporting
>> functionality macros without need of changing the existing modules
>> source code that are using the elog macro.
>>
>> Please let me know if it not the right approach to solve the problem.
>
> I see no problem with changing a variable name, but... are you saying
> that PostgreSQL headers themselves are exposing a global "errmsg"
> variable ? Or is your code doing that ?

Yes, In our forked PostgreSQL code, we changed the elog macro that is
exposed in PostgreSQL headers to use the new ereport macro for better
logging as follows.

#define elog(errorlevel, ...) ereport(errorlevel, (errmsg(__VA_ARGS__)))

This is causing us the problem.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia