[postgis-devel] liblwgeom symbols exported by postgis module

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 1 04:07:40 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 12:25:04PM +0200, Bas Couwenberg wrote:

> You need to drop your theoretical cases, they make no sense for
> Debian at least.

Ok, so you're saying in Debian you are guaranteed no two incompatible
liblwgeom version would ever exist. Fine.

This moves the discussion back outside of Debian, I guess, where
some users do want to be able to have multiple PostGIS versions
installed at the same time. If not else, for testing purpose.

I'm actually happy to leave the choice between dynamic and static
linking to the builder, if you have any suggestion about dealing with
that I'm very interested about it. Something like a standard configure
switch for doing things like that (or we could make up our own...).