[postgis-devel] wait till monday for final ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 8 03:12:18 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 11:26:03AM +0200, Bas Couwenberg wrote:

> For Debian we'll keep PostGIS 2.2.0 in experimental until this
> API/ABI breakage is fixed in 2.2.1 or later.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

Note that there's been no ABI breakage so far, as 2.2.0 is the
very first version that ships a liblwgeom with SONAME "liblwgeom-2.2.so.2"
(as any precedent version was the first and only version with its
unique SONAME).

Fixing such performance regression required changing the ABI of
liblwgeom, and that's fine because the SONAME for the liblwgeom version
in trunk is "liblwgeom-2.3.so.2".

I guess I could port the fix as-is to the 2.2 branch and change the
liblwgeom SONAME to "liblwgeom-2.2.so.3", but then it would really
be the same as before, where full version was included in the SONAME.

Or do you have other suggestion ?