[postgis-devel] 2.2.0 feature compatibility

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at gunduz.org
Thu Oct 8 03:25:37 PDT 2015

Hi,

First of all: Congrats and thanks everyone who contributed 2.2.0
release. The changelog looks exciting, even for a non-GIS guy like me.

So, I have 2 questions regarding the RPM packaging of 2.2.0:

* I read that some features are only supported in 9.5+, but, for
example, can we use 2.2.0 against 9.4 (or 9.3)?

* What about the backwards compatibility? Is the upgrade path clean
from 2.0 to 2.2, or should I push 2.2.0 only for people who uses 2.1.X?
I noticed that some signatures have been deprecated. What about the
breaking ones?

Thanks!

Regards,
--