[postgis-devel] liblwgeom versioning

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 9 10:34:16 PDT 2015

On 09-10-15 18:59, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 10:36:24AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Sounds good; then I could make a liblwgeom package easily.  But until
>> some other package needs it, I probably won't.
>
> I believe next spatialite release will be using it.

Building SpatiaLite with liblwgeom support is the recommended
configuration since 4.3.0 as mentioned on the spatialite-users list:

"
 Anyway packagers and maintainers building libspatialite
 on FLOSS platforms (i.e. Linux and alike) are always
 invited to enable LWGEOM: and consequently the suggested
 standard build configuration on any Linux is now:

 ./configure --enable-lwgeom=yes
"

,/configure changes in 4.2.0:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spatialite-users/S2mY1Tj7BBc/_gWzznEKZnwJ

"
 the suggested configuration is as follows:

 ./configure --enable-lwgeom=yes --enable-gcp=yes

 this causes an implicit license excalation to GPLv2+ simply because
 both liblwgeom and the code borrowed from Grass Gis (GCP module)
 are released under the GPL.

 if for any possible reason you absolutely need to built an executable
 version of libspatialite fully preserving the initial tri-license (MPL,
 LGP or GPL a you wish better) you simply have to opt for the
 default configuration, i.e.

 ./configure --disable-lwgeom --disable-gcp

 (this will obviously imply loosing some cool useful features).
"

4.3.0: note for builders and packages:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spatialite-users/uawzaLjzbo4/_0JqJ8a6HmAJ

Kind Regards,