[postgis-devel] is PostGIS ready for git ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 12 05:12:08 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 10:23:32AM +0000, Nathan Wagner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 11:42:08AM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > Would moving the PostGIS code repository to git present any trouble
> > for current contributors ? Or would it be mostly welcome ?
>
> I already work from https://github.com/postgis/postgis.git
>
> I don't know how current that actually is, but it seems good enough for
> my purposes.  If that weren't available I would add the svn clone to a
> temporary git repo long enough to get my patches ready.  No idea how
> difficult a move would be though.  You could ask the proj4 people, I
> think they did something similar earlier.

The github and gitlab[1] mirrors are updated every 5 minutes.

[1] https://gitlab.com/postgis/postgis/

I've asked about other experiences on osgeo-discuss, but it looks
like both proj4 and mapserver did not only move the code but also
the tickets tracker over to github:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-October/015105.html