[postgis-devel] is PostGIS ready for git ?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Oct 13 04:19:42 PDT 2015

I think it’s highly likely that as soon as our source code is in git, our workflow will migrate over to github pull requests, not because we are evil people, but because it is convenient, and because the input flow of contributions from that source will go up. That means that the internal process will become shattered between the lists, and the PR discussions, and the trac tickets will start to become stale holding places, slightly resented because they just add work without really adding value anymore. IE: spending time git’i’fying the trac is probably a waste of time, since as soon as we’re git’ed on the source, we’ll want to start routing around trac. If we’re going to spend the time processing trac entries to match git, why not spend the time migrating them to github and be done w/ it?

P.