[postgis-devel] is PostGIS ready for git ?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 13 23:53:50 PDT 2015

Strk,

I'm going to top post cause I don't want to loose anything you said by accident.

1) One thing I don't like about PostgreSQL setup is they don't accept pull requests from github.  I think that's a big non-starter for us.
So if we can avoid that that would be great.
2) In large scheme of things $120,000 is not much 9barely enough to secure a pre-payment for FOSS4G).  Especially since we can't even send our core developers and maintainers to conferences for free with it. Which I always found a huge pity.
3) Helping Martin is great, and yes part of the reason I took on doing Jenkins, configuring postgis.net  and all that stuff is that it was a learning experience for me to get comfortable working on Linux
Within the context of a project I love. So yes there is a personal feeling of double  accomplishment there.

If what you propose works that would be great.  Though I'm still unclear of how much of a burden NOT USING githubs's issue tracker would be but still accepting pull requests from it.
So whatever solution we come up with still has to have a component of github in it.