[postgis-devel] repository hosting (was: is PostGIS ready for git ?) NO?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 16 05:35:08 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 07:41:38AM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:
> If PostGIS were to accept contributions only through patches posted to
> Trac, I think it would bring about two barriers to contributions:

Agreed. But if we want to keep some consistency between commit logs
and trac tickets / NEWS items we'd then have the barriers on ourselves,
having to create a ticket ourselves.

Or, we can use a looser protocol and just apply patches straight away,
reference revisions in the NEWS and rely on the commit log for getting
to the origin of that change... (more likely to happen).