[postgis-devel] repository hosting

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 16 22:19:16 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 05:46:04PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> For my purposes I don't want the history on my disk drive, cause as
> you said as a direct committer I don't need it, and I'm already out of
> disk space with all the test postgres databases and builds  I've got
> that disk space is very precious to me.

FYI, it is possible to fetch just the latest state of a branch:
http://strk.keybit.net/blog/2011/06/07/getting-just-the-tip-of-a-remote-git-branch/

For PostGIS, it downloads 7.11MB which expand to 58MB after expansion:

 $ git clone --depth 1 --branch svn-trunk git://github.com/postgis/postgis.git
 $ du -sm postgis/
 58   postgis/

For comparison, my SVN checkout of trunk is twice as big:

 $ svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk
 $ du -sm trunk/
 101     trunk/