[postgis-devel] repository hosting (was: is PostGIS ready for git ?) NO?

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 05:32:51 PDT 2015

Setting up Trac tickets for me has been no problem, though I wouldn't want
to do it to fix documentation typos.

Where I imagine a barrier is for a developer that is among the ~9 million
people with GitHub accounts, and who interacts only occasionally with
PostGIS as part of their work. These users may not want to register w/OSGeo
and figure out Trac just to make a small fix, but they would be quite
capable and willing if they didn't have to navigate a somewhat
project-specific process.

Complete speculation on my part, of course, but a scenario that I hadn't
seen didn't see in the discussion so far.

An interesting solution, if this is even a problem, may be to have a bot
auto-create Trac tickets from GitHub PRs.

Thanks,
Dan