[postgis-devel] postgis extension sans raster (only for folks who can't compile with raster support) - PSC Vote and developer/packager comments please

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Oct 30 16:03:23 PDT 2015

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> If this has all be incited by the QT issue, the +100 on this. It’s a
> build problem, not a dependency problem in that case.

I'm pretty sure the QT bit is a red herring, but it does seem that more
than a few people have had issues with gdal.  It is certainly large
compared to everything else in the postgis world.

That said, I'm in the "geo-peeps need to have gdal anyway" camp, so I
don't see requiring it as a real problem.