[postgis-devel] liblwgeom symbols exported by postgis

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Sep 28 14:58:55 PDT 2015

> What I found while developing https://github.com/strk/fineltra/ is
> that the current static linking is actually already screwing things up
> as you might hit functions of, say, PostGIS-1.5 while running
> functions of PostGIS-2.2. In my case it was "lwpoint_construct" of
> PostGIS-1.5 being called by "lwpoint_from_wkb_state" of another.
> See https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3281

Strk I'm not following you here?

1) First how could I be running both PostGIS 2.2 and PostGIS 1.5 in the same
session when you can't install both in the same db unless you do something
crazy.
2) Yes it's a bug these functions were ever exported out and I don't see how
if there is a readily available version in the loaded library why postgres
would choose to pull the same function from another library that has no link
the main one.

The ticket issue you have I thought was caused because you have a mix of
dynamic lining and static linking.  Which both Paul and I were vehemently
against.

Anyway point remains the same I don't want my PostGIS 2.whatever1 sharing
liblwgeom with PostGIS 2.whatever2.  They each should have their own
statically linked private versions.

If it's broken for PostGIS 1.5, that's fine.  That's pretty dead to me.

Thanks,
Regina