[postgis-devel] liblwgeom symbols exported by postgis module

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Sep 30 08:36:30 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:11:20AM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> I want to make sure the PostGIS 2.2.0 is not fed by liblwgeom... distributed
> by PostGIS 2.3.0  because that would introduce possibly breaking changes or
> enhancements the user does not want.

Oh, I see now. And I correct myself saying that liblwgeom SONAME
is really only defined by the Major version, excluding Minor, so
a dynamically-linked 2.2.0 would be indeed served by the liblwgeom
version shipped with 2.3.0.

Breaking changes we should not introduce if not changing the Major
version of the liblwgeom library. Of course this might mean separating
versioning of liblwgeom from versioning of PostGIS.

Or, we include Minor in the SONAME of liblwgeom, but then would you
be ok with 2.2.0 being fed by liblwgeom distributed by 2.2.1 ?