[postgis-devel] BOX3D strange behaviour

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Feb 26 16:53:09 PST 2016

+1 for making BOX3D cast to geometry = PolyhedralSurface. That's way more useful to me than any other coercion and seems like the most logical representation of a box3d.

Paul said it had no effect on the index operators (as they don't rely on any to geometry casting).  That would be my only concern with not just having it do the non-ambiguous right thing.

This would of course be a breaking change so can't be done until 2.3.

Thanks,
Regina