[postgis-devel] PostgreSQL 9.5.0 has just been stamped

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Jan 5 17:38:27 PST 2016

"Paragon Corporation" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> Greg - if you could verify these 2 changes work for you that would be much
> appreciated:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3390
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3415

I did an svn update of the 2.2 branch just now.

I created a release, which turned out to be messy, because the make_dist
script only works with tags from svn, rather than being able to make a
release of one's working directory.  So I just tarred it up, because
pkgsrc builds the docs, so it doesn't really matter.  Before I did this
I changed the version to 2.2.1 (don't worry I won't let anyone else have
this tarball), making my own private release candidate.

I then used that tarball as the distfile and adjusted pkgsrc locally to
build 2.2.1, and did a build on netbsd-6 i386, with pgsql 9.3 and geos
3.5.   All built ok, but I found file name changes:

  the odd names for a few topology files are reverted to the pre-2.2.0
  names - which is good

  I see an upgrade script from 2.2.0rc1 to present, but not from 2.2.0.
  I realize this got built, so maybe my distfile is broken, but it seems
  off.

Also, make check passed with 2.2 branch, when built normally (with
dependencies from pkgsrc), vs built with the pkgsrc control machinery.

Todo is to make check in pkgsrc build, and to build on mac, hopefully
tomorrow morning.