[postgis-devel] postgis trunk fails to build with 2.2.1 installed

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Jan 11 04:12:32 PST 2016

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

> I *think* making sure -I../liblwgeom appearing before any of the system
> directories should also fix the problem, and would be less invasive,
> could you confirm that with your compiler ?

Yes, will try to do a build like that.
But I'm 99.99% sure that's ok too.

Changing to ../ is a bigger change, but on the other hand it makes it
clear that we are including an internal header.  If lwgeom were a
separate package, then we would simply require it be up to date first
and the <> form would give the rigth sense.  But this is just me
expressing a mild style preference - the thing that matters is not
reading the installed file.

Also, arranging may be tricky, though, because it's reasonable for
someone to pass a bunch of -I stuff in CPPFLAGS, including to dirs that
have the old liblwgeom.h.  But if the internal -I are always before the
configure-found -I and the user-provided-CPPFLAGS -I, that should be
ok.