[postgis-devel] Paris Sprint

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jan 14 05:11:50 PST 2016

No, I don’t have any large-scale stuff, I just like to use the opportunity to talk w/ others on their plans and get individual things done faster through the power of helping each other. One thing I am looking at is Tom Lane’s expanded object code, I may have that done by sprint time though. But benchmarking it will be a big deal, it’s extra complexity and may or may not be a big win. The other is prepared distance calculation, which has been waiting a long time because it scares me: distance is the most important thing we do, so screwing it up would be Bad.