[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.3 release plans

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:08:36 PDT 2016

Hi Regina,

I'm not able to work on the precision model support at the moment.  I'd be
fine with pushing this off a release.  That said, the precision model work
stalled when I came across some warts in the exposure of precision models
in the GEOS C API.  I'm assuming GEOS 3.6 would be released around the same
time as PostGIS 2.3, so if we are going to make changes to the GEOS CAPI
we'd need to do them before PostGIS 2.3, right?  (See
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2016-March/025714.html)

There are also some simple easy window functions that I think would be nice
to add in 2.3 (Average Distance, Sum Distance, etc), but again, I'm not
able to work on them right now.

Thanks,
Dan