[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.3 release plans

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jul 29 11:29:10 PDT 2016

5) BRIN support -- I think some cleanup is still left with that patch being
worked on, but looks pretty close for commit. -
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/106  So I would consider it a done
deal except, it's not in our code base yet.  I want this in before
mid-August so we can start stress testing it

About this: I and Julien Rouhaud have already received some comments about our patch

presented in the pull request https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/106: we have already

fixed some issues (support for empty entries, make testing "more light") emerged in the

pull request's discussion, and we are waiting for further review of the patch, and ready for

further changes/fixing.

We have also pointed up that travis CI currently runs regression tests on a 9.4 cluster,

so a "successful check" just means that configure steps successfully ignore BRIN code in
pre 9.5 clusters (since BRIN support has been added in 9.5, and our patch correctly manages

the various cases). Anyway, regression tests run successfully for 9.5 and 9.6beta3 clusters.

Regards,

Giuseppe.

--

Giuseppe,

I've tested this out and looks generally good.  I'm ready to commit, assuming no one has any issues with that (speak now or forever hold your peace), except for one small little thing which I noted in the pull request.

The work as it stands fails our non-extension uninstall test.  To resolve this I'd like to rename the operator families to the same name as the operator classes so it's consistent with the rest of our code base and also so I don't have to muck with our perl uninstall generation script.  As I mentioned, extension installs don't use this script for uninstall (they just use the built-in uninstall plumbing of extension), but our pre-extension test uses this.

I've already done this locally, so just a Yes that's okay is all I'm looking for or why you are against that.

https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/106

Thanks,

Regina