[postgis-devel] 2.2.2 Release (?)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Mar 1 06:34:52 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 08:48:48AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> My impression is that separating this wouldn't be that hard.   The big
> issue is separating "checkout as modified but not committed" from
> "what's in the working dir".   But even if it could easily make a
> distfile from trunk or a branch, vs a tag, that would help a lot.

The only reason why that script relies on the VCS is to avoid putting
in the tarball any generated file, basically.

Automake solves that by requiring explicit mention of each and every
file that needs to be in the distribution (in Makefile.am).

Do you think we could use a manually-edited MANIFEST file for that ?