[postgis-devel] Validity flag

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Mar 4 10:19:22 PST 2016

I think the right answer is to have an "extended info" flag on the
main flags slot, which, if present indicates a spare 8 bytes will be
inserted into the header before the bounding box. This could hold less
commonly used flags, like the validity values (which we would have
room to represent as yes, no, and unknown), solidity values, and so
on. It will require a bit of work on the serializer/deserializer, but
not a lot.

If you're OK w/ the idea, I will implement a branch of it.

P.