[postgis-devel] Fixed precision for ST_Intersection, ST_Union, etc.

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:14:44 PDT 2016

My rationale here is that it's not the job of ST_Intersection to clean up
its inputs before computing the intersection, much like the current overlay
functions don't call ST_MakeValid on their inputs.  I think there is a
place for a ST_ReducePrecision / ST_SnapToGrid that reduces precision and
cleans up collapsed geometries, etc., but I don't think it's something that
should be automatically run on the inputs of all overlay functions.

Dan