[postgis-devel] Old PostGIS address still listed at PostgreSQL webpage

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Mar 20 18:47:58 PDT 2016

Nicklas,

I'm blushing.  Glad to see some people appreciate my work.

I'm really also happy you are doing this and bringing this issue up, because I forget how much weight (especially government agencies) put on case studies.  PostGIS website section is pretty dated and miniscule.

Getting back to case studies,   I have no issue with you posting them.  We should also garner some big names besides CartoDb that use PostGIS.

I updated my case studies list:

http://www.postgis.us/page_case_studies

I'm not sure if FourSquare still uses PostGIS.  At the time I checked they were and it was on their about page, but that page has since become very generic.

I can check with my Facebook contact (that we did a day of PostGIS training for), to verify if Instagram still uses PostGIS and if it has spread elsewhere in Facebook and see if they'd be willing to write up something about their use of it if they are still using it.

Socrata might be using PostGIS.  I assume they are using PostgreSQL garnering from this tech article https://www.socrata.com/developer-blog-article/streaming-geospatial-processing-in-the-socrata-platform/ , but that doesn't necessarily mean PostGIS as well.

As I recall I did see a  talk in PgConfUS (or was it FOSS4G NA) of FAA (Federal Aviation) discussing their use of PostGIS.

Thanks,

Regina