[postgis-devel] GSOC16 | Project Proposal

Ankush Chauhan achauhan4 at student.gsu.edu
Tue Mar 22 15:27:16 PDT 2016

Hello,
I am a Computer Science masters student at Georgia State, ATL, I am working on a paper publication right now on performance of various space filling curves in Spatial Databases here at GSU.
I was redirected here from GSOC16, and want to contact a mentor with my ideas of implementing a few Space filling curves notably the Morton, Hilbert,  SierpiƄski and Moore curves for spatial indexing in postGIS.
The experiments i would be coupling along would be point queries, range query and kNN Queries with expanding value of K.

I am desperately looking for a postGIS mentor for more guidance on my project proposal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ankush Chauhan
Student / Graduate Teaching Assistant